Thursday, August 17, 2006

Climbing... Finally


We finally got over to Squamish for our first climbing of the year. While we didn't climb The Chief, we did stand in the shadow of it for a while.



No, we decided on Smoke Bluffs instead. Sunday evening was nice and quiet, and we didn't venture over 5.9 on lead or 5.10a on TR. Monday was warm - the stiff slab on Burgers and Fries was a bit greasy, but I managed every move on a 5.10c (doing some of them twice!). That said, I may now need a new pair of shoes, because the soles of my shoes have pretty much had it.

Placing gear felt as easy as speaking Mandarin, which I haven't done since my final year of University. Still, the emphasis was on being safe, and not getting spooked on gear lead. By these measures the weekend was a success, and I come away keen on climbing again. Maybe Penticton or the Apron next?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny...I thought we went climbing, not cimbing...

Even with feet so sore I couldn't stand on them, those two days out climbing were two of the best days this summer. Thanks for being the instigator.

12:48 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home