Monday, July 10, 2006

When I'm 34

I took the day off today, because it's my birthday! I spent the morning on the deck sifting through old bike parts, and treated myself to a nice iced espresso down at the Bean in Chinatown.

It turns out that I have enough bike parts for two mountain bikes and one road bike. So I spent a bit of time this afternoon looking around town for a bike to turn into a project. No luck - nothing in my size. I am giving myself one more month of looking, and then the whole lot is going to be donated.

I just survived another stag party weekend over in Vancouver - pretty laid back, which was nice. I managed to get a hike up the Grouse Grind in just after the World Cup Final, and was somewhat impressed with my time - 48:20. My best is 41:30, so there has been some slippage as I've aged. I hit the ferry lineup at Horseshoe Bay immediately after, and had to suffer through the 1-sailing wait - I can't wait until I am off the island and don't have to deal with ferries.

Well, I am heading off into the afternoon to enjoy the remainder of my b-day. Later!

3 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

Happy happy! Thanks for going first ... again.

8:26 AM

 
Blogger Sarah Marchildon said...

Happy birthday, Cam!!

10:11 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! Lasik surgery des moines http://www.businesscards8.info watches pictures buick lesabre

2:28 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home