Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer! Summer! Summer!

I am a total summer junkie. The dry desert heat of the Okanagan feels like a part of me that's missing as I while away my days on the Coast.

That is, until that Okanagan heat comes for a visit, which it has this week! Yesterday was a scorcher here, and I split from Cim and Sarah's place at 8:30AM (after 4 hours of sleep (!!) ) in order to soak it up. I spent a good portion of Sunday in the back yard adding some touches to the garden. The day ended as any summer day should, with a swim at the lake (Upper Thetis Lake shown).

I will be out on the bike tonight once it cools down, piquing my interest in cycling so I am sufficiently stoked when The Tour de France starts and I receive my new frame. The Tour is going to be great, and it is definitely generating quite a buzz. My prediction: a tight race between Ullrich, Basso, and Vinokourov, with some surprises from this guy, this guy, and maybe even the former world MTB champ!