Thursday, April 03, 2008

Spring in the OK, and All Things Domestic


Back on the island (truly marooned), for another long work stint. The extra days off this week were a blessing, filled with great weather (including sun alongside snow on April Fool's Day - good one, Nature) and great people.

The weekend really started with a call from HW on Saturday morning, claiming he touted breakers and wanted to "giver". By 5pm, he, my Dad, and I had all that ridiculous concrete broken out from the carport that leads in from our barn door back door. We even tore into the old throne - kind of sad to see that feature go....

And then we hosted a poker night for twelve on Saturday, and we even managed to incorporate about 7 rookies without much ado. Two of those rookies were just dropping in from, um, Darfur for the night. Good to see them again, even though time was short - hope they liked the waffles.

And then Jo and the two men in her life came by around lunch on Sunday. Turns out we both had something to be sorry for, so the Kill Bill reference seemed to dissipate. What a great couple guys she's found.

Ambition got the better of me (as per normal), and I ended Monday breaking out the stairs to the back door. And then a whole bunch of cleanup rounded out Tuesday and Wednesday - if you ever want a workout, move concrete.

Oh, and a trip to Summerland on Wednesday, where I was shocked to see how the whole place is going to sh*t. How quickly we deface a beautiful hillside in the name of progress and safety - I like risk in my life, and I'd rather pay attention while driving than see a hillside completely destroyed.

But now all I can think about is house renos - rip down the shed, tear out the basement, rebuild the retaining wall - and I wonder why I am caught down here on the Coast yet again. Where's a piece of paper? I need to make a list.....

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for writing this.

1:46 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home