Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Update # 2 - January

So, the contract has started. I have been running around trying to sort out the details and logistics of getting hardware and furniture in place. I have been scouring craigslist religiously, and have managed to source all my desks in the past month. I seem to be taking them off the hands of those moving, downsizing, or reconfiguring their spaces.

The trouble with craigslist is that I have now cultivated a bit of an addiction to it. I find myself looking for items I have recently bought, and I need to fight a compulsion to buy in excess every time I see one. It is absolutely crazy. And I love it.

Another malady has surfaced now that I am here: IKEA As-Is sectionitis. I drop in every couple of days (it's only two blocks from here) just to peruse IKEA's marked down junk. I almost buy things, but then back out. It is such a waste of time I am thinking of sanctioning myself.

There has been a lot of upheaval in my life, given the move to Kelowna from Victoria, and now the working in the Vancouver area. I have landed sublets for the duration I think I will be here (to April 30), but I am trying to still build something resembling a life in the Okanagan. Getting back to Kelowna involves a four-hour drive over the second highest pass in BC (1728m - I have seen the sign so often it is etched into my head, probably taking up the space where that person's name I just met is supposed to be). It is nice to go back for weekends, but the commute is getting longer and longer. I think I will try to limit my trips to twice a month, though Friday nights at Sturgeon Hall will be missed.



1 Comments:

Blogger fabulous girl said...

I'm told there's an IKEA bus that leaves regularly from the Port Authority on Saturdays, but I haven't got around to it yet.

7:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home