Tuesday, January 17, 2006

It's not the needle that hurts...

Over the past two days I have run the gamut of all of the immunisations and pills that allow my very fragile system to travel safely on my way. Not that I am complaining, but that put a dent in my travel budget big-time. Granted, how much would you spend to be (mostly) immune from Malaria, Typhoid, and Mumps (which I hear can make you sterile!!!)? I would say that complete coverage (not including lifetime HEP B immunisation, which costs a FORTUNE) at somwhere around $200 is a deal.

Of course, I did not get on the bandwagon and jump on Dukoral, which is a new oral treatment for common traveller's diarrhea. If you factor in the opportunity costs, and you are not too careful with your dietary decisions when abroad, then I bet dropping the 75 bucks or so on this is a good idea.

Frankly, I am more worried about saltwater crocodiles than a spell of the trots. Now that I am a bit more educated about these reptilian mommas (3-4m) and pappas (5-7m), my irrational fear of sharks has totally disappeared. All of a sudden, sharks look pretty darn nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home